For those, living alone and short pressed for time, or, someone like me who has no love for cooking, Box8 is a welcome change.
Ever since I have arrived in Pune, I have been seeing their outlet in Viman Nagar; I have been thinking of ordering from them someday. I think apart from great food they have telepathic abilities too! One fine day, I got a call for a tasting session – very promptly they took my order and delivered in less than 30 minutes.
My order was quite an elaborate one; here’s my palate’s view on what I had ordered:
- Kebab Peshawari Box (Fusion Box): Perfectly cooked fragrant rice with medium spicy gravy at the bottom made it a wholesome meal. The kebabs were succulent and cooked to precision. I am a big sucker for green chutney and theirs was ‘a chutney on the rice!’ 😀 Apart from these, there was colourful salad and mayo-chutney on top of the box.
- Mushrooms & Spinach Meal (All-In-1-Meals): This was a thali meal that had Dal Makhni, Spinach and Mushroom Gravy, Salad, Parantha, Rice and a Brownie. Everything was good except the Brownie; somehow, it tasted of garlic.
- Murg Dum Biryani (Biryani): The rice had a strong fragrance of kevda and was flavourful. However, it wasn’t up to my taste as I’m more of a Hyderabadi Biryani types.
- Super Saver Combo (Drinks & Desserts): This was the show stealer – the Nimbu paani was refreshing with a hint of masala and the Choco Lava Cake was mind-blowing, filled with gooey chocolate. I wish it had an endless bottom!
- Madagascar Chocolate [500 mL Family Pack] (100% Natural Ice Cream): This ice-cream took away my heart! Dark chocolate and soft like a mousse, it was more than impeccable. I would order it again and again…This is a must try, if you haven’t tried it yet, you have missed on goodness!
I would choose to order for a second time from Box8 because of their quality and super fast delivery.
Post my gastronomical expedition, I researched more about Box8. I was amazed to see that it’s a brainchild of two IITans – Amit Raj and Anshul Gupta.
Box8 currently does delivery in Mumbai, Pune and Bengaluru. A lot of people, like me, frequently eat outside and Box8 has managed to set a benchmark for good quality food. The food that I had ordered was easy on the stomach and freshly made. I’m happy now there’s something in the Indian food category that can compete with McDonald’s.
If you have started to drool, here’s how you can order delish food from them – Click Here.