Phew! Finally, I am back to narrate my story, after a long intermission. 🙂 For those who haven’t read my last entry, I have been MIA since July!
So, past 6 months were highly adventurous, so much so that I had to delete (forget) some of the incidents from my mind palace!
In a nutshell, I had begun to hate Pune, I had no friends, the food wasn’t good, blah, blah, blah…I just needed a reason to hate Pune. Every day, at least 5 of my friends would tell me that I should come back to Delhi. I even got an assignment in Gurgaon. But then, amidst all my confusion and loathing, I recalled why I had come here, and that made it all easy. I made a vow – I will make this big change in my life worth it – I will start afresh, again – since every day is a new day.
So, with this renewed determination, I re-started my life. The little bit of comfort zone that I was hanging on to, I let it go and flew free. From that day, each day, I have made an effort to build up my life. And it wasn’t at all easy, every day was a battle, and a test of my endurance – I got hurt, heartbroken, angry, financially broke, I cried, my ego was pricked, I was disappointed with my work, to name a few.
But what got me moving was the beauty of my destination.
I haven’t reached it yet but I have decided to make the journey picturesque.
Okay, enough of melodrama, now let’s come to the good points, for ease of reading I have bulleted them out:
- Took a road-trip to Mumbai, Nashik, Triyambakeshwar and Shirdi – almost died on the Mumbai-Pune expressway, bus toppled on its wheels, otherwise, the rest of the trip was fun and scenic!
- Explored the Oxford of the East – from Koregaon Park to the slum areas, I saw it all. Magarpatta still remains.
- Met some awesome new people – people who have goals, people who travel, people who write, people who are passionate about causes, and people who share same interests as mine.
- Made some crazy mistakes – let me just keep mum about them!
- Forgave people – what to say, I have a big heart! 😉
- Celebrated Ganesh Chaturthi, Durga Puja and Diwali – one of the reasons, I am happy and proud to be an Indian.
- Watched a movie (Dear Zindagi) alone – believe me, it was an emancipating experience. Cherry on the cake, the movie was good.
- Started writing for a cool online community about Pune – will keep on sharing those articles.
- Reviewed a restaurant
- Took long walks alone
“It is very tough for me to put pictures here, 6-months you see is a very long time! I must have taken about a 1000 pictures, how to the sort the best for you? Too difficult!”
To see all the craziness in picture format, follow me on Instagram: @suchismile
An anecdote: I discovered some pretty handsome men in my area. While I walked with headphones plugged into my ears, some of the dudes (who had the ‘I’m lost’ expression written on their faces, and all I wanted to do was to hand-hold them and take them to their destination) would ask me for directions. And I would go out of my way to guide them, *every time* *I’m a self-proclaimed generous soul.*
However, one fine evening, one guy, who seemed to have come from a place where it was snowing, stopped me on the street, to ask me where he can find a good restaurant to sit and eat. For few seconds – I was dumbfounded – I asked him to repeat his question. He thought I was deaf, anyway, I suggested a place to him, and continued my stroll.
I still wonder if he thought I was a chalta-firta-Zomato.
Out-and-out, all of it was an adrenaline-charged experience, not everyone gets to do what I am doing! The other day, I went to Koregaon Park, I was mesmerised by how beautifully the trees were decorated. Now, I love Pune, especially because I don’t have to wear sweaters! 😛
Before I end, I want to share one more thing – I got locked out of my house one day, the wind banged the door on my face (meanwhile gas stove and microwave was on inside the kitchen). That was one harrowing day! Coincidentally, while I am writing this, I am locked inside the house. Some idiot has bolted the door from outside!
*Moral of the story – always carry a key of your house, even sleep with it*
The woes of being alone, I tell you!
Previous episode: NEW GIRL IN THE CITY! (June16)